Answered By: Joelle Maurepas
Last Updated: Sep 22, 2017     Views: 400

For that you would need to come and talk to one of the reference librarians in person.  At the main library we have a collection of forms in a binder that you can browse.  We have a number of books written about obtaining a divorce on your own that you are welcome to check out.  We also have access to LexisNexis (only available within the library) which contains many forms pertaining to family law and divorce.

Please bear in mind that we are not legal professionals and we legally prohibited from advising you on which forms to select, how to fill them out, format them, etc. 

There are two law libraries in Louisiana that provide legal reference service over the phone that you may want to consult.

Here is their contact information:

Paul M. Hebert Law Center
1 East Campus Dr.
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803-1000

Louisiana State Supreme Court Library:

Law Library of Louisiana

400 Royal Street, 2d floor
New Orleans, LA  70130-2104

504-310-2515 - Reference
800-820-3038 (Louisiana only)


In situations like this, we highly recommend that you speak with a legal professional to make sure that you know exactly which forms are needed.

You can find our legal information research guide, as well as the BRBA's referral service, and the Library's Ask a Lawyer Program Schedule, online. I've also included a link to a page that links to sites that produce generic legal documents for downloading.  We make no claim that any of these forms would be valid under Louisiana Law.

Related Topics