Answered By: Joelle Maurepas Last Updated: Sep 28, 2015 Views: 1095
The Livingston Parish Public Library now subscribes to Overdrive.com and Tumblebooks - the same ebook services that the EBRPL uses.
Their Overdrive collection is available online, and so is their Tumblebooks collection.
If you would still like to get an East Baton Rouge Parish card, please follow these instructions.
1) Go to any East Baton Rouge Parish Library Branch
2) Go to the Circulation Desk at any EBRPL branch
3) Request a "Reciprocal Borrowing/ Out-of-Parish Authorization Form"
4) Take that form to an library branch in your home parish, in this case Livingston Parish Library.
5) Have the Librarian on duty sign off on the form. It basically states that you are a patron in good standing at your home parish library, that you do not owe excessive fines, have long overdue items, or have a history of damaging library property at your Home Parish Library.
6) Return to any EBRPL branch with the completed authorization form. You must have a form of picture ID and proof of your current address. The proof of address can be included in the picture ID, or it can be something presented along with the ID such as a utility bill. You will be asked to fill out a quick application. Once this is completed, you will be issued a Reciprocal Borrower's Card. These cards are good for a year. They must be renewed in person, every year, with a picture ID and proof of your current address.
If you have any questions about out-of-parish borrowing, you can read our policy online. You can also call us at 225-231-3740.