Answered By: Joelle Maurepas
Last Updated: Aug 20, 2015     Views: 101

Hi, you can apply for a card.  I've copied our policy below.  Since you live in East Baton Rouge Parish the fourth requirement does not apply to you.

However, if you should move back to St. Tammany, you can continue your borrowing privileges as it is a reciprocal parish.

For students (college or high school) who live on campus but have permanent residence outside East Baton Rouge Parish:
  • Proof of current enrollment
  • Picture ID as described above, such as a driver's license, school ID, military ID or passport.
  • Proof of permanent home address and/or local mailing address, such as a driver's license, voter registrations, or mail that has been received at the patron's residence.
  • Note: A college or high school student who lives in a reciprocal parish must have an authorization form filled out by his/her parish librarian.
If you would like more information about our cards and borrowing policy, please take a look at the full policy text online.