Answered By: Joelle Maurepas Last Updated: Aug 21, 2015 Views: 74
Right now, you can change your email for some notifications via your account access at our online catalog.
Here's how to log in to the catalog:
1) Go to our homepage at http://www.ebrpl.com (It's changed, so, if you have the old site bookmarked, now is a good time to update it. The old address will work for a while)
2) At the top of the page, you'll see a search box. Click the button next to the search box that says "Go" (or the link under the search box that says "Renew Books")
3) At the catalog homepage, on the left hand side of the screen you'll see a button marked "My Account/Login". (If you clicked the "Renew Books" link, it will take you directly to the login screen.)
4) Click this button and log in using your library card number and the lastname/first name code combination.
5) Once you are logged in, you'll be taken to a screen labeled "User Activities." Click the third link in the "My Library" catalog, which should be labeled "My Alerts". This will take you to the "My Alerts Configuration Page."
6) At the top of the "My Alerts Configuration Page" you'll see your old email address listed in the top information box. You can now set the new email address that you'd like alerts concerning holds and saved searches to be sent.
If you want to be completely sure that all of your notifications are going to the correct email address, it's always best to call us at the Circulation Department, 231-3740. Unlike your street address and other account information, we will change this information for you over the phone. We do require that when you call you have your library card number with you. You may also go to any library branch's circulation desk to change your information. Please have a picture ID and your library card handy when you go to the desk to change account information.
Finally, if you haven't already, set up a Library Elf Account. It's free and completely confidential. Library Elf is a partner website that provides automatic notices regarding the status of your account - overdue items, items that are coming due soon, holds, etc. Here's a link to instructions for signing up for Library Elf.
If you have any further questions, write back to us here or call us at 225-231-3750. For online questions, It's best to use Got-A-Question! here's a link to our libanswers homepage.
You'll see the question box at the top sends your question directly to our staff members.