Answered By: Joelle Maurepas Last Updated: Aug 31, 2015 Views: 202
In short the answer is no. The library (and as far as we can determine no other agency) does not distribute census forms / questionnaires for use in the 2010 Census.
But, if you have not received a census questionnaire at your home by April 12th you have a couple of options.
First, contact the Census Bureau directly either at one of their national numbers or at their regional office in Dallas
Telephone Questionnaire Assistance (TQA)
- ENGLISH - 1-866-872-6868
- Chinese: 1-866-935-2010
- Korean: 1-866-955-2010
- Russian: 1-866-965-2010
- Spanish: 1-866-928-2010
- Vietnamese: 1-866-945-2010
- TDD (Telephone Display Device for the hearing impaired):
- Puerto Rico (in English): 1-866-939-2010
- Puerto Rico (in Spanish): 1-866-929-2010
Census Bureau Call Center
General Telephone Lines: 1-800-923-8282 (Monday to Thursday: 8:30 - 5:30 ET Friday: 8:30-4:30 ET)
(Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas)
Regional Census Center: (214)-267-6900
Regional Partnership Group: (214)-637-9680
There are several factors that influence whether or not you will receive a replacement census questionnaire. Here's the official answer from census.gov
Based on past censuses and more current data collected in the American Community Survey the Census Bureau has identified 3 mailing conditions
which determine whether you will or will not receive a replacement questionnaire:
• Blanket replacement questionnaire mailing – In low response mailout/mailback census areas of the country, a replacement questionnaire will be sent to all housing units.
• Targeted replacement questionnaire mailing – In targeted mailout/mailback census areas, a replacement questionnaire will only be sent to the non-responding housing units in those census tracts likely to have a middle-range of mail response rates.
• No replacement questionnaire – In census areas with expected high mail response rates, no replacement questionnaires will be sent.
Regardless if a replacement questionnaire was or was not mailed, a census worker will visit all households who have not responded to the census during Nonresponse Followup.