Answered By: Emilie Smart
Last Updated: Sep 01, 2015     Views: 76

Yes.  Our Interlibrary Loan Service (ILL) locates and borrows materials not owned by the EBRP Library; you just need to fill out an ILL request form.

We can borrow books, journal articles and other materials -- although sometimes it's difficult to find a lender for non-print items like DVDs and CDs. The cost of ILL service is usually free; however, sometimes lenders charge a fee for photocopies of articles.

Interlibrary Loan services are available only to EBRP residents.  If you live in another parish (even if you have an EBRPL library card), please contact your local parish library for Interlibrary Loan services.

You can always request that we purchase a book too.  This method is not quick, but it will get the book into our collection.

Comments (2)

  1. Also, most colleges and universitites charge a lending fee (generally $10.00-20.00) for books.
    by April Armstrong on Mar 01, 2010.
  2. We can only borrow DVDs and CDs from the State Library. The State Library has an online catalog, so you can check availability before placing a request:
    by April Armstrong on Mar 01, 2010.